Early orthodontic care can play a big role in the future of your child’s smile. Did you know that it’s best to schedule your child’s first orthodontic appointment when they’re 6 or 7 years old? The expert team at Smiles of Orland Park uses children’s orthodontics in Orland Park to help our young patients:
- Make sure their developing teeth emerge in the proper location
- Potentially avoid the need for full orthodontic treatment later on
- Ensure their airway develops properly
- Enjoy straight, beautiful smiles for life
Set your child up for dental success by calling Smiles of Orland Park today at 708-858-9591. For your convenience, we’re open for early morning, evening, and Saturday appointments (hours vary, please call).
Early Orthodontics Helps Young, Developing Mouths
Research has shown that the earlier you can treat orthodontic problems for your child, the better off they’ll be. Early problems are often easier to correct, and early treatment is usually more comfortable for your child. That’s always a plus when it comes to children’s dental care.
Examples of orthodontics for children include:
- Space Maintainers – If your youngster has lost a baby tooth and is waiting for their permanent tooth to emerge, we can place a space maintainer where the tooth is missing. This will help make sure the new tooth has plenty of room to come through and that it doesn’t damage any other teeth.
- Palatal Expanders –If additional room is needed in your child’s upper jaw to allow their adult teeth to come through, this device applies gentle pressure to widen the two halves of the jaw. A palatal expander can also help widen your child’s airway if it is too narrow, helping them breathe easier and even sleep better.
- Full Orthodontic Treatment – If your child needs full orthodontic treatment, we offer options for that as well. We place both traditional metal braces as well as clear ceramic braces. We even offer Invisalign orthodontics that many teens take advantage of. We can go over all your child’s options during your initial consultation and help you decide on the best one for them.
Dr. Marshall and Dr. Jasek are experts in children’s orthodontics in Orland Park. Call us today at 708-858-9591 to schedule a consultation for your child. You can also make an appointment .