Orland Park wisdom teeth removal doesn’t have to keep you sidelined. Dr. Marshall has performed this treatment many times over his 25-year dental career. He has the skills and experience to:
- Remove impacted wisdom teeth that can damage your other teeth
- Stop your pain so you feel better
- Prevent infections and disease that could damage your smile
- Restore your peace of mind about your oral health
Call Smiles of Orland Park today at 708-858-9591 if you think you might need your wisdom teeth removed. Our office is conveniently located in the 60462 Orland Park ZIP code.
Get Your Wisdom Teeth Removed Comfortably
For some of our patients, their wisdom teeth come in with no problems. These third molars, as they are sometimes called, usually begin to make their appearance between the ages of 17 and 25.
So long as these teeth emerge completely with no problems, their removal isn’t necessary. However, if they come in under your other teeth or stop growing altogether, they can create problems. Crowding is just one issue created by wisdom teeth, as partially emerged third molars are harder to keep clean and are more likely to develop cavities or infection.
During your consultation, we’ll take a set of digital X-rays, plus we may use an intraoral camera to take a look inside your mouth. This camera will allow you to see exactly what Dr. Marshall and our team see so that you have a better understanding of what’s going on with your oral health.
If Dr. Marshall determines that your wisdom teeth need removal, then we will plan your procedure accordingly. You can count on our team to remove these teeth quickly and comfortably. We can even prescribe oral sedation for you if needed. It will help you completely relax during your time with us.
Follow These Postoperative Instructions
These instructions will help make your wisdom teeth recovery as pleasant as possible:
- Rest: Keep physical activity to a minimum. Too much moving around or talking could hinder the healing process.
- Change Bandages Often: Keep gauze or a thick cotton ball pressed into the area where your teeth were removed. Change the bandages as often as necessary.
- Take Your Medication: Dr. Marshall will prescribe or recommend medication to help your discomfort. Be sure to follow all directions for proper use.
- Alter Your Diet: Eat soft foods such as pudding, ice cream, and soup for the first few days after your procedure. Stay away from hard foods that could hurt your tender gums.
- Watch Your Tongue: You will probably have an urge to feel the extraction site with your tongue. Avoid doing so as it could irritate the area and prolong your healing time.
Wisdom teeth removal in Orland Park can help you maintain a happy, healthy smile. Call us today at 708-858-9591 to schedule your consultation.