If you’ve lost most or all of your teeth, you’ve got several options for replacing them. While it’s true that traditional dentures can help you regain your smile’s function and appearance, you can enjoy many added advantages if you ditch dentures for dental implants.
The biggest difference between conventional removable dentures and dental implant dentures is how they stay in your mouth. Dentures rest on your gums, where suction keeps them in place. In many cases, dentures wearers also use an adhesive in an effort to keep dentures from slipping. In contrast, dental implants are embedded in your jaw, where the bone fuses to them in a process called osseointegration.
Dentures attached to implants are:
- More Secure – Unfortunately, it’s pretty easy for traditional dentures to slip out of place – often causing embarrassment. Implant dentures stay securely in place, without adhesive. You can eat, laugh, and speak with more confidence.
- Easier to Eat With – This security allows you to enjoy a diverse diet, instead of sticking mostly to foods that are easy to chew. Bite into crunchy apples and corn-on the-cob again!
- Better for Bone Health – The bone in your jaw shrinks about 25 percent during the first year after tooth loss. The shrinkage continues, which over time changes your facial structure and makes you look older. Implants keep the bone strong by stimulating your jaw a lot like your natural tooth roots do.
- Easier to Care For – There’s no need to soak dental implant dentures in a special solution to keep them clean. You can just follow your usual brushing and flossing routine. Since implants will help prevent bone loss, you won’t need to have your dentures relined to keep them from getting loose.
- More Comfortable – Implant dentures don’t rub against your gums the way that conventional dentures can. No more uncomfortable sore spots!
Ready to ditch dentures? Call Smiles of Orland Park for an appointment in our Orland Park, IL office. In addition to implant dentures, we also offer implant crowns and implant bridges. Ask about our special offer for $750 off dental implants.