I started in dentistry because I always liked the health science fields, and I always liked to build and create things. And the more I looked into it, it was a perfect fit.
As far as dental school is concerned, the University of Illinois College of Dentistry, graduated in 1986. From there, I always had an interest in orthodontics and different types of surgeries, so afterward I really, really pursued it with following up on ortho. I took a number of involving courses over the years.
I did not want to specialize in a particular field, because I really enjoyed providing everything for the patients. I love the idea that they come into one office and have everything from fillings to implants. And I enjoy doing all different types of cases, particularly involving different curriculum.
Probably the most rewarding thing about being a dentist is when you have that patient that comes in and you can tell that their self-confidence … and their hand is over their mouth and their smile, and when we're finished and they leave, they can't stop smiling.
In general, I think we like to provide for our patients an improvement in their overall health, an improvement with their overall appearance.
For more than 30 years, Dr. Robert Marshall has been building healthy smiles in Orland Park as a highly skilled, caring dentist. Because he’s passionate about providing cutting-edge care, Dr. Marshall has dedicated years to extensive training, staying current on the latest trends in the areas of orthodontics, cosmetic and restorative dental solutions, endodontics, and implant dentistry.
Dr. Marshall holds memberships and credentials from esteemed organizations and institutions, such as:
- American Dental Association
- Illinois State Dental Society
- Chicago Dental Society
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- International Association for Orthodontics
- Mid-America Orthodontic Society
- Straight Wire Orthodontic Studies
- American Dental Implant Association (Diplomat)
- American College of Maxillofacial Implantology
With over three decades of continuing education and practical experience, Dr. Marshall gets to do what he loves most – giving our patients at Smiles of Orland Park advanced, exceptional dental care they need for healthy, beautiful smiles for a lifetime!
Because of Dr. Marshall’s caring nature, he has an unwavering commitment to your comfort, going above and beyond to provide gentle treatment using the most precise, advanced techniques in modern dentistry. He focuses on function and beauty, making sure you have all the resources you need to maintain full, comfortable use of your teeth and improve the appearance of your smile for lasting confidence.
Dr. Marshall has treated just about every challenging dental problem you can imagine. This allows him to offer:
- Thorough dental cleanings and exams to keep your mouth healthy
- Same-day emergency dental appointments for fast, effective treatment
- Cosmetic solutions for your dental flaws, including orthodontics
- Laser dentistry to improve the look and health of your gums
- Oral sedation to relieve your dental anxiety
- Modern tooth replacement options, including dental implants
When you put your trust in an experienced, passionate dentist like Dr. Marshall, you’re receiving expert treatment from a skilled professional who truly cares about your best oral health!